What’s this? Your marble kitchen countertop has a juice stain?!? Oh no! While we all love a nice marble kitchen countertop in Nashville, there’s no getting around the fact that they do stain from time to time.
You can read this article to see how to get a juice stain out of your marble kitchen countertop, and get it back to looking more like it was the day you bought it.
Clean a juice stain off of your marble kitchen countertop
This advice works for a marble kitchen countertop with a juice stain, like orange juice, but can also work for wine, BBQ sauce, and coffee stains. Pretty much anything that stains your marble kitchen countertop darker can be drawn out by making your own baking soda poultice.
Here’s how to create your baking soda poultice to take the stain out of your marble kitchen countertop:
- Blot up the stain with a clean, white cloth to lift some of the stain up first.
- Spray water on the stain.
- Mix together baking soda and water until you get something that is like toothpaste.
- Apply the poultice to the stain.
- Cover this with plastic wrap and tape down the edges. You want it to stay moist.
- Leave it covered for around 24 hours, or longer, as it dries.
- Take the poultice off, repeat the steps above if the stain remains.
Other poultice cleaners for your marble kitchen countertop
If you don’t have any baking soda handy, 1 cup of unbleached flour, and 3 TBS of a gentle soap with no bleach, can also do the trick:
- Mix the flour and soap together until they’re like toothpaste.
- Apply it in a layer that is around 1/4 inch thick. Surround the stain by that same 1/4 inch on all sides.
- Cover the entire poultice with plastic wrap, and tape it down.
- Wait 24 hours, or longer, for the poultice to dry.
- Soap and water will clean the poultice off of your marble kitchen countertop. Repeat as needed
No one in Nashville likes having a stain on their marble kitchen countertop, but the above two points should help you out!
Marble kitchen countertop help
If you have any other questions about marble kitchen countertops, including advice on locating and purchasing them, contact the team here at Stone World. They’re heard it all when it comes to marble kitchen countertop problems in Nashville, and can help sort you out.